However, iPhone 5 mockups have recently been seen for sale in Chinese markets with prices ranging from $5 to $32.
These mockups are not just rubbish iPhone 4S copies with “iPhone 5” printed on the back, they are actually a culmination of all the iPhone 5 rumours and leaks that have been around for the past few month.
These mockups have the following features that are expected to be true to the iPhone 5 that will be announced on the 12 Sep 2012. (Next week Wednesday!)
- Two-tone back cover. This time it’s aluminium, not glass. No more broken back covers!
- 9mm stereo headphone jack that has been relocated to the bottom of the phone
- Smaller charging and syncing dock. It looks like it’s going to be another “Apple only” connection.
- Elongated 4″ LCD display
- Redesigned speaker grilles at the bottom of the phone
- The whole phone seems to be longer than the iPhone 4 and 4S
I have no idea who would buy something like this because in the end, you are paying for something that doesn’t do a thing, other than look pretty! They are empty shells with no working parts.
Check out the pics: